Estate Planning Awareness Week this year was October 16th through October 20th! To celebrate, the Estate Planning Attorneys at Long & Long, LLC provided some reasons why you need an attorney to create a custom estate plan.
- Who will fill your shoes?
- It is important to have an estate plan in place to protect your family’s future. Without one, your loved ones can be left unnecessary stress during an already difficult time.
- Who will get your classic car?
- Make sure your valuables, family heirlooms and prized possessions (like a classic car) are given to the right person who will really appreciate them. Ensure your wishes are carried out with a comprehensive estate plan.
- Do you really want a basic Will?
- Everyone has their own personal wishes for their estate. A Will that you download online and just fill out probably won’t work for what you need. You’ve worked hard to create the life you have so make sure you get a customized plan for you.
- Are your loved ones protected?
- A comprehensive estate plan can contain your wishes with as much detail as you want. Making sure all your loved ones are protected in the event of your passing. This gives you peace of mind now, ensures your wishes are carried out after your death and helps guide your family through an extremely difficult time.
- Where will your money go?
- Whether you want to make sure that your children are financially secure during their lifetime, that your nephew’s education is paid for or make contributions to charities that you believe in; a proper estate plan can put provisions in place to make sure your loved ones are provided for and your financial wishes are met.
Contact our Estate Planning Attorneys to get started on your estate plan: 724.834.9300 or longandlongllc.com/contact